Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Universe is filled with the most amazing “coincidences”.  Well, I continue to notice my own universe is filled with them. Last week, 3/10/2013, I provided the meditation at Joyful Gathering Spiritual Center. Afterward, a woman complimented me on the quality of my voice. As I was speaking with her, I recognized her as someone I went to high school with 30 years ago. She introduced me to her boyfriend who is someone I also recognize from Starting Point, A Course in Miracles meetings and Vince DiPasquale’s Wednesday night lectures. We talked for a bit before I left for the service. It was nice to catch up with her.

Today, 6 days later, I went to out to do what I intended including going to the gym, do some food shopping and buy beer (Guinness and Banana Bread) for St. Patrick’s Day. My last planned stop was at Sacred Green Earth Bookstore in Oaklyn to grab some candles and incense. As I walked in, the first person I noticed was the boyfriend of my high school classmate I had seen at meditation the Sunday before. We shook hands and greeted each other. Five minutes later as I was browsing the book section, my classmate arrived and walked up to me to say “hello”. It was her first time ever in the store.

Her boyfriend played for a medicine wheel ceremony that took place before I arrived. As we spoke, I learned he plays guitar and performs at open mic nights in the area. I divulged my own interest in playing and how it was a part of my final project for the Foundations class I have been taking at Joyful Gathering Spiritual Center.

A Course in Miracles states “Miracles should inspire gratitude, now awe.” When these types of “coincidences” or “miracles” occur, I instantly feel grateful. Today’s chance encounter with my classmate and her boyfriend could not have been more perfect if we had planned it.
I heard and received the message they were sent to deliver to me. And I went home and practiced my guitar…

No comments:

Post a Comment